Thursday, December 10, 2015

Adaptive Update (Aftermath of Factory Art Time)

Remember the painting art factory my adaptive group did? I was storing those papers away (this is when a hoarding nature really comes in handy) for some fish collages:


I like to give them plenty of choices in adaptive (some of them really struggle with speaking/responding to the teacher), so I gave them the choice of making a fish collage or a robot collage (using paper from the 10 lb box of paper remnants that is like CHRISTMAS, seriously, you should order one if you've never.  I think I get it from Sax or School Specialty).



Last week's group was all about the fish:


While in this week's group every single student wanted to make a robot:



One is a bit of an abstracted robot:


Our schedule is one where we see our adaptive group every day (minus Wednesdays/our collab/late start day) for a week, and a big bonus of giving them choices is if they're done with one collage and time remains, they can do the other one.

Happy robot needs some Sharpie details tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It