Friday, November 7, 2014

Just When I Think Things Are Going Along Smoothly . . .

This conversation happens: it's 9:13 at my second school.  I'm trying to get fifth graders to clean up instead of wander the room/visit with friends/write on the ancient rolling chalk board.  I say "I need you to clean right now! I have to be at my other school teaching second grade in 30 minutes!"  Fifth grade boy turns to me and says "Wait, you're a teacher?!"  No words. NO WORDS.
Also yesterday, we're painting our pigs and houses and everyone's just working when I hear something at a table.  First grade, sweet little girl with long blond hair and blue eyes says to the others at her table "You know guys, snitches get stitches!" I say "WHAT?!" and she repeats "Snitches get stitches" and adds "y'all" at the end.
This is a day in the life, art teacher friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It