Monday, September 10, 2018

I've Become The Glue Nazi

Last year, I wrote about my upside down glue.  I love it and am never going back! Upside down glue is the way to go! 
I am way over the slime craze.  I can't even deal. I had several glue bottles taken last year (I'm sure to make slime), and I'm over it.  I wanted an organizational system so I could--at a glance--see what was missing.  I decided to paint my glue bottles to match my tables:


This summer, I did some research and experiments and found that if I sanded the glue bottles with 150 grit sandpaper, then taped and painted them, I could use my E6000 glue to add the magnets.


Painters tape applied at exactly the same spot on each bottle.
 
Pushed into an old foam cushion.
Painting in progress

After painting

I left them outside for an hour or so to fully dry.


Peeling the tape off.

Here they are hanging (I added color signs in rainbow order):




 I won't say it's perfect, here's how it looked after kindergarten the other day:


But it's so easy to snap back into place, and it's a system I'm loving.

1 comment:

  1. Super creative! Are you still using this method? How did you secure the tins to the shelves?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It