Monday, May 5, 2014

Kindergarten Paints for Moms

This is a sweet little lesson I've done for many years with kindergarten in the spring.  It's based on Picasso's Posies, and I don't remember where I got the idea.  Arts & Activities, maybe?


We start out painting green lines, then turn them into flowers (using cake tempera paint).  This takes one class period.  The next time, I have students choose skin color paper, fold it in half, trace their hand, cut it out (folded, so they get two hands) and add them to their papers, like they're giving a bouquet of flowers to their mom.




My students this year are pretty good with the scissors, so the hand-cutting didn't take very long.  What's a happy art teacher to do?  Provide paper for Mother's Day cards, of course!





I do adore these, and I hope their moms all do to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It