Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I Just LOVE

--deep conversations about educational theory.  And no, I'm not being sarcastic or cynical.  I truly love it.  My day started out with an all-staff meeting/professional development/collaboration time centered around our new teacher evaluation system.  NEE was developed by some university people and is changing the way teachers in my state are evaluated (now on a seven point scale).  Today was just the beginning of our conversation and deeper understanding of the new system, and we read articles and discussed cognitive engagement.  I could really talk about it all day.  This is when I really miss being new to education and being surrounded by other new-to-education peers.  It seems like when you're mid-career and surrounded by the same, people are more focused on retirement than philosophical discussion, and that's just too bad.
Sooooo, anytime you're wanting to discuss some educational theory, feel free to email me or write a comment on my blog, I'd love to converse with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It