Thursday, October 2, 2014

In the Age of Assessments and Feedback and More Assessments

YOU ARE AWESOME.  Yes, YOU.  The person reading this post.  Know how I know?  Because you're looking for new things, new ideas, new projects and units and ways to reach your students.  As teachers, we're in an age of less positive feedback for the work we do every day and more helpful criticism.  This whole let-me-tell-you-how-to-make-this-lesson/interaction/student assessment-better isn't making me feel uplifted, and we all need that.  I want my students to do better, I want to reach more of them on a deeper, more meaningful way but let's be real, people: every single thing we do and say isn't going to stick with them.  And I don't know about you, but I don't really have the time (or budget) for them to re-work every assignment five or six times.  There's value in doing that, but not for every single lesson.
Teach on, friends, you're rockin' it.  And I know, because I'm on the internetz blogging here!

My baby boy says "Rock on, you awesome people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It