Sunday, June 19, 2016

I Need About a Million Dollars

Because, you guys, I have a blue toilet.  Baby blue, not royal or dark blue.  Circa 1989.  See, when school's in session, I'm busy and don't have time be distracted with stuff around the house, but when summer comes I'm all about the home front (alternate titles for this post include: What Can't Paint Do? or Curse You, HGTV!) and all those things from my 1989 house bug me.  Last summer I worked on my kitchen and then in the fall I painted the main bathroom (the one with the powder blue toilet).  This summer I decided I'd use up some paint leftover from those projects in our basement half bath (read: not spend any more money).  This includes painting a gold light fixture with Rust-Oleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint that I'm using for everything these days. But I want NEW stuff--new [white] toilet, new garage doors, new dishwasher (to replace the original-to-the-house-one), new countertops . . .the list goes on.  SIGH, I do not have $ for all these things.  Hence, the need for about a million dollars.
Or blinders or an appreciation for 1989.
To distract me from such problems this week: an upcoming council meeting for my new-ish elementary division position, gardening, lots of fun summer fiction reading, playtime with my own children (they're SO FUN this summer),sewing and art making.  In short, lots of relaxation and whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it.
Enjoy your summer, friends, it goes by too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It