Friday, September 28, 2018

Sometimes Keeping Things Pays Off

Four years ago, I made gelatin plates with my sixth graders.  And it was a disaster. Of pretty epic proportions.  So, of course I swore I'd never do it again.  But being the hoarder being the art teacher that I am, I shoved them in a box.  Today my sixth graders needed to Gelli print over some contour line drawings, and I only have five real Gelli plates, so I pulled them out of the box I'd shoved under a table, and you know what?  Those homemade (school made???) ones still work!  They were still in one piece, and there was really minimal shrinkage.
Of course, they needed to be melted down, and I made a tiny disaster of that, but still!


Old gelatin plate that I pulled apart with my hands for microwave melting.
Pulled apart pieces in a little plastic container that once held some kind of cards.

After melting.  Notice the spilled drip.
Can't wait to get these (newly melted and then set back up) out with my students next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It