To accept this award, I have to do the following:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me. [done]
2. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator. [check]
3. Share 11 random facts about myself.
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.6. Contact my nominees and let them know that I have nominated them
Here are the questions for me from Kristin:
1. What is your favorite food?
At this point in my life, anything bought, prepared and cleaned up by someone else.
2. What do you collect?
Children--I have many, therefore no collectibles, because they would be broken by my collected/collective children.
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
A second grade teacher, a mom, and Wonder Woman.
4. What is your biggest pet-peeve?
The "pajamafication" of America--why are adults wearing pajama bottoms in public?
5. What is something you've always wanted to learn?
How to crochet beyond the first row.
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What would be your ideal Saturday night?
A glass of wine and adult time with my husband (uninterrupted conversation, not the X rated "adult").
8. Are you a dog or cat person?
Both, although I've only had cats for the past 12-15 years.
9. If they were going to make a movie about your life who would play you?
My husband says Christina Hendricks, but I think it would probably be more like Amy Adams.
10. Did you play sports?
Not if I can help it, although I do like to run.
11. What is your favorite creative activity?
Currently into sewing non-stop, I was on a knitting kick for a while, but I developed quite an eye twitch from knitting late at night.
11 random facts (thank goodness they don't have to be interesting facts)
- I'm an avid reader, and I'm snobby about what I read.
- If there's such a thing as Ice Cream Addiction, I'm sure I have it.
- I've run four marathons. Very slowly, but I did finish!
- I'm unsure of my own eye color (blue? green? hazel? I can't really tell)
- I despise filling glue bottles--it's the only part of my job I really don't like.
- I've always enjoyed that School Smell. You know the one.
- I'm the oldest of my siblings, but everyone always thinks my brother's older because he's the bossiest.
- I truly believe everyone should wait tables at some point in their lives (including you, Mom).
- My lifetime goal is to never, ever wait tables again.
- I keep stamps in my wallet at all times. I feel somewhat panicky when I run out (I wonder what that means?)
- When I'm on runs (for exercise) I practice what to do if I come across a dead body (first, call 911, stay calm . . .) I don't think I want to know what that means.
11 Questions for My Nominees:
- Who do you most admire and why?
- If you could visit outer space, what would you wear?
- If someone wrote a country song about you, what would be the title or a line from it?
- What's your favorite car that you've owned?
- What was your first paying job?
- Who's your favorite cartoon character?
- What's your best childhood memory?
- Are you a gum-chewer, a mint-sucker or something/nothing else?
- Letterman or Leno?
- Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
- What's the best thing about your job?Drumroll, please! My nominees are:Mr. R from http://mymessyartroom.blogspot.com/Nancie Kay from http://handsheadnheart.blogspot.com/K Hyman from http://khyman.blogspot.com/Amy Kratochvil from http://beyondroygbiv.blogspot.comMrs. Kim at http://spaldingart.blogspot.com/Now, off to tell my nominees. Happy back to school, everyone!