Thursday, April 9, 2015

Art Show Excitement is Building, and Thinking of Moms

We've been busily making art show invitations:





This is always the time I know, without a doubt, that I could never be one of those teachers who teaches the same thing class after class, day after day.  Mind numbingly boring.

We've also been working on a Mother's Day gift in adaptive art:



It's a brooch made with tagboard, colored glass, black Cloud Clay and a safety pin thingy:



We put them in papier mache boxes that we (the other art teacher in my building and myself) ordered.  Just some tissue paper with watered down glue and a paper flower on top.  Adorable!  I want one!



Here's the break down: we had students draw a shape on a 3 x 3 piece of tagboard and cut it out.  We then used regular old Elmers glue to glue colored smooth-edged glass (that we ordered from somewhere--Dick Blick, maybe?), making sure to leave space between each stone.  We let them dry overnight (we see each group a week at a time which is also why we're starting Mother's Day gifts in the middle of April) and pressed black Cloud Clay in the spaces (for grout).  We then worked on our boxes while I hot glued the pins to the back.



I sure would wear that sucker PROUDLY. (Confession: I was totally wearing a couple around this morning to "try them out" and "make sure the glue would hold") I hope their moms love them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It