Friday, November 6, 2015

An Ode to Masking Tape

Masking tape, oh, masking tape, you bring such joy to me!
Your many purposes are not always clear for all to see
I appreciate your durability and ease of use
You arrive in perfect circles that double as stylish bracelets
You lay so perfectly in my drawer, ready at all times



You perfectly attach scratch boards to quilled frames



Masking tape, how would we ever papier mache without you?
I hope we never have to know



For putting up artwork when there is no cork strip available,
You cannot be beat


When setting up tesselations, you hold the pieces together so well
(And look so lovely stacked on tables)


Masking tape, I'm willing to bet, 
Art teachers everywhere would pledge their love to you.


And now it's crystal clear to everyone why I teach elementary art as opposed to say, high school English.
Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It