Friday, October 30, 2015

Adaptive Warhol

This is a lesson I thought I'd blogged about before, but I can't find it anywhere, so maybe not??? In the style of Andy Warhol, I had my adaptive students print their hands with black paint on yellow paper:


They then cut them out, leaving a "halo" of paper around the edge (paras drew a pencil line for them to cut on).  We then glued those to another paper and cut again:



This glue, cut, glue continued and finally we glued them to black paper:






I wanted them to send me a "selfie" via google classroom so I could print a little sticker in the corner of their papers instead of their names, but only one student has done it so far (this is an adult problem, not a student problem).  I'll get some responsible students on it as helpers next week, and I'll get those stickers on there! For now, these papers are headed to our office "gallery."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It