Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Verdict Is (Kind Of) In

Back from some sunny California vacation time, and I've got to say, this is the longest three day week ever! (I can practically feel the eye rolling you're giving me right now).  
Last week I tried making my own clear scratch paper, and (I apologize for the blurriness of the following photographs) here's what happened when I tried scratching it:

Scratching with a wooden stylus
Super disappointing!  Another try:

With an unwound paper clip
Better, kind of.  Maybe I'm just tired.  Maybe I just wasn't feeling the most creative.  Maybe the overwhelming anxiety I feel over our new president-elect and his choices to fill his cabinet are clouding my creativity juices . . . 



It really did work, and with all the laundry soap I put in it smells all fresh.
I'll work on making some up for one of my grade levels and see how it goes.  And I'll also work on making some more art at home to help ease my anxiety.  I'm thinking of all of you, dear readers, and wishing you all the best in the next four years, no matter what it brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It