Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Yay for Art Teacher PD!!!!

Yesterday (election day, in case you forgot) was a professional development day in my school district, and our elementary department went to the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art in Overland Park, KS.  Friends, it was totally wonderful and I wish we could've stayed there all day.  Their education staff did an amazing job, went above and beyond and I can't wait to go back.  We did a sort of scavenger hunt activity (I think they call it a "3-D Art Hunt") when we got there/until the museum staff arrived.  We were provided booklets for that portion of our morning, then split into two groups for a guided tour and finally went back to the studio classroom to do some artwork.  Here's items from my day:



See that black and shiny piece of artwork? CLEAR scratch art paper! We were supposed to put one color underneath, but I love me some collage, so I collaged mine and now I have about 1000 ideas for my classroom.




 I never knew I needed it until now, but now I must have some.  With my budget totally spent (including the entire mini-grant I was awarded from my PTA), I'm trying to make my own with black tempera, liquid laundry detergent and old clear overhead sheets:



I mixed the paint and detergent together and applied it with a sponge roller.  I'll let you know how it turns out (crossing my fingers for fabulous).
I'm also leaving for sunny California tomorrow after school to visit my super-wonderful brother for his 40-and-fantastic birthday.  I wish I could wander into some elementary schools while I'm there and see what's going on, but I'm afraid that's frowned upon.  Guess I'll go to the beach instead.  I'll send you all perfect day vibes while I'm there for your lessons to go smoothly, your students to be engaged and your budgets to be increased. (Hey, all of those things could happen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It