Friday, September 14, 2012

Holy Naked Superheros!

I do lots of Never Agains.  You know, those projects that seem really cool until you get into it and discover that it's too hard, too disorganized, too many steps, or too much of a headache to ever do again. Today's first grade project may be one of those.  The whole idea was to review secondary colors. I had the students draw a city in pencil, color them with crayon, and then we drew superheros with pencil.  They then traced the superhero with ultra-fine Sharpie and used only secondary colored markers to color them in. We then cut out our superheros and made them pop out from our cities with simple paper loops glued to the back.  As students turned them into the drying rack, I made a decision to not hang them up.  Here's why:

Well done, although I should've given them more time to color their cities.

Hmmm, our super hero is a little risque.  Why IS Wonder Woman always so scantily dressed?

You guessed it! This one sealed the deal: NOT getting hung up in the hallways!
While I understand that she couldn't find the orange or just got tired of waiting for the orange,
I doubt others will see it that way.

If 9-5 office types ever have these experiences at work, I'd love to hear about them.  And here's my other head-scratcher for the day:  I saw a student that has missed a lot of art, and he'd missed the day before, so I said "Oh, I missed you yesterday, were you sick?" To which he replied, "No, I was gun shopping with my dad." Oh-kaaayyyy, hmmmm, you're in third grade, and I know your father is a professional.  We live in the suburbs, WHAT, exactly did you need a gun for?  Never mind, I don't think I want that answer.

3 comments:

  1. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh..lovin' that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. I am still chuckling from the charming superheroes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never again have them use gourds and pumpkins... some were arranged rather "interestingly" :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It