Friday, September 28, 2012

Color Wheel Clown Fun!

Yesterday, my first group of first graders finished their clowns, and they are sooooo very adorable.  See?





This was the lesson I got pretty recently from Sharon (who I student taught with 13 years ago) at a conference.  We painted the color wheels together, I gave them a circle to trace for the head.  The rainbow hair was on the bottom of our color wheels.  The arms were supposed to be cat stairs, but I made a last-minute decision to make spring arms.  Pants are just a 6x 9 construction paper with a triangle cut out.  I really like them, and will do them again.
For your viewing pleasure, a few more:

Love the attitude of this clown!

Faces are just marker.
OK, how awesome is the hump-back look?!

Love it!
In the future (like, next year) I'll stretch the put-them-all-together day instead of rushing them and have them write a little story about their clowns or what they learned about color mixing.
For now, they're going to go up in the hall for all to see and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! The color wheel is important to know, and this makes it fun :).
    ~Jessica
    www.missyoungsartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It