Thursday, October 22, 2015

Oh, Yes, Must Be Parent Teacher Conference Time

Co-workers trying out our new "selfie station".
I don't know about you, but I don't have tons of parent teacher conferences to attend.  This year I'm using some of my time to make items for our art show (in March).  I decided to make a "selfie station" for the students and their families to take photos.  I made a quick Mona Lisa and American Gothic, and then wished I'd made a Frida Kahlo with stick-on eyebrows as a prop--oh well, there's always next year.  


I was really trying to get the expression right here.

Love her expression!


I've also been meaning to post this latest adaptive lesson:


Quinton drew saying "I love you so much, I'm so proud of you!"
It's him and his mom.

Very simple.  I gave each adaptive student a fourth of a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper (so 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and an extra fine Sharpie.  I had them write their name (if they were able) and draw a picture of themselves (if they were able).  I then was able to lay four on the copier at a time and shrink them down to 70-75%.  I then cut them apart and glued or taped them to the upper corner of each part of a piece of copy paper, allowing me to copy four students at once. 



I made 50 copies, cut them in fourths and used this product:



The hardest part was cutting the pages evenly and stacking them to paint the Pad/Book Compound on, but then I got this:



LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! The students will be making gift bags and maybe adding magnets to the back.  I'm hoping for some positive parent feedback because so often parents of adaptive students don't get genuine art work that is truly reflective of their child's ability.  

Now, back to funny photos of my co-workers as great works of art:










Christmas break is not that far away, we can make it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It